The two terror attacks in Spain have been linked to a house explosion.
One person was killed in the blast in the tourist district of Alcanar, about 100 miles (160km) southwest of Barcelona, on Wednesday night – the day before a van attack killed at least 13 people in the Barcelona city centre.
TV3 reported that the house blast, in the village of Alcanar Platja, also injured seven people, including some foreigners from France, Italy and Morocco.
Police have since said they suspect those in the house were “preparing an explosive device”.
:: Spain terror attacks: What we know so far
Hours after the van attack in Barcelona, Catalan police said they shot and killed five suspects in response to another terrorist attack in the seaside resort town of Cambrilas.
Catalan authorities say the attacks are linked.
In the Barcelona attack, a white van mounted the pavement of Las Ramblas, the main tourist area in the city, and struck dozens of people on Thursday afternoon.
Catalan authorities have confirmed that at least 13 people have died and more than 100 have been injured but said the number of dead could rise.
:: LIVE: Latest updates on Spanish terror
Police said they have arrested three people but they are still hunting the driver of the vehicle, who is said to have fled on foot.
Islamic State said it was responsible, according to the Amaq news agency and Spain’s Prime Minister described it as a “jihadist attack”.
The government of Catalonia announced three days of mourning.
:: Catalonia’s interior ministry has provided a number for anyone worried about relatives, advising people to call +34 900400012.