British boy Julian Cadman was among the 13 people killed in the Barcelona terror attack, it has been announced.
The seven-year-old died after a van crashed into pedestrians on Las Ramblas on Thursday.
His family said: “We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts.”
The Spanish missing persons bureau had earlier confirmed his death.
In a statement, it said: “Julian Cadman’s family has told us he is unfortunately one of the victims of the attack and has asked us to thank all the people who have spread the news.
“In these very unjust, hard and painful moments, we accompany Julian’s family and friends. Rest in peace.
“Once again we wish to reiterate our appreciation and involvement in your search.”
Catalonian emergency services also confirmed that a British-Australian boy had died in the attack, which also left at least 120 others injured.
Following Thursday’s atrocity, it had been unclear what had happened to Julian, who had dual British-Australian nationality.
He was separated from his mother, who was badly injured and she is said to be in a serious condition in hospital.
Family members shared a picture of Julian in an attempt to find him.
His father and grandmother were believed to have arrived in Spain on Saturday after travelling from Australia.
Police said the van driver was part of a Islamist extremist cell which also attacked members of the public in the coastal resort of Cambrils a few hours later.
A woman was killed in the second vehicle rampage, and several other civilians were injured, along with a police officer.
Some 34 nationalities were among those hurt in Las Ramblas and Cambrils, which lies around 70 miles to the south west.