Two people have been taken to hospital with shark bites after swimming in Florida, according to reports.
Firefighters were alerted to the first shark attack and minutes later to another at Fernandina Beach.
The City of Fernandina Beach Government said after the attacks on Friday: “Both patients are reportedly stable, with non-life-threatening injuries.
“Neither patient could advise what type or size of marine life had caused their respective injuries.
Media reports said a 30-year-old man and 17-year-old were injured by sharks.
The man, who had been surfing, said a he was bitten as he was trying to get back to shore.
The teenager was reported to have been bitten in waters about a mile away from the first incident.
All beaches in the area were closed with double red flags positioned at beach entrances and signs saying: “Water closed to public due to potentially dangerous marine life.”
The Division Of Ocean Rescue is investigating the reported incidents and is to patrol the beaches before they reopen.
Shark sightings in Florida are regular and there were 32 reported attacks in 2016. There were 243 attacks between 2007 and 2016 that included one death.